Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Secrets are a funny thing

So last night I happen to stumble upon this little app called Whisper, let's just say after that my night was shot. I got lost in it really. 


But before I get into it, do you remember a series of coffee table books called Post Secret?


Just a quick run down on what Post Secret is. You anonymously send a post card into the address above with your secrets. More or less purging secrets you're afraid to share with anyone else. I have a few of these books and some of them are quite shocking. But that's what makes it a page turner.

I find it a bit interesting how you can get lost in others secrets, some are sad, funny or just plain jaw dropping. But I guess secrets are funny that way especially when they are anonymous. 

Okay, so back to the app, it's called Whisper and it literally is the digital version of Post Secret. Here is what's cool about it. You can take or upload a picture as your background and add text to it. It also has some pretty neat photo filters. 
It publishes your secret anonymously but you can also share on Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr if you want. You can reply to posts and correspond without the publisher knowing who you are. 

And if you don't want to post anything is just fun to browse and read what others are willing to share. 

Have fun!






No comments:

Post a Comment